So, this survey has been doing the blog rounds... So, for a bit of Friday night fun I thought I'd give it a go!!
1. What did you eat for breakfast? Today was berry bruschetta – I've found that I enjoy this breakfast a lot more than I thought. And when I'm running late (as I was today...) I just put the ricotta on both bits of toast, berries on one bit, and sandwich it all together! The trick is getting the berries to stay in.
2. How much water do you drink a day? As a guide I aim for 2 litres. At work I often go through 2x 700ml bottles, then a good portion of another during a gym session. And with a glas with dinner, or herbal tea, I'd say most days I get there.
3. What is your current favourite workout? I really enjoy a tough weights session. High weight low reps is even better. I find weights challenging, but achievable so I feel empowered after these sessions.
4. How many calories do you eat a day? Very close to 1200cal.
5. What are your favourite healthy snacks? Tamar valley flavoured natural yoghurt tubs, an apple, and healthy 'brownies' (ie fresh dates, walnuts and cocoa in the food processor then pressed into a slice tin). Also have just discovered the joys of homemade hummus and celery/carrot sticks (yes I'm a late bloomer).
6. What do you usually eat for lunch? Since starting 12wbt I've never had so much variety in my lunch menu! This week I've had an antipasto pita pocket; chicken, zuchinnin & ricoota pita pocket (twice); beef and brocolini stir fry; and broccoli soup!!
7. What is your favourite body part to strength train? Legs and Back.
8. What is your least favourite body part to strength train? Shoulders and abs.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings? ANYTHING sweet - chocolate, biscuits, cake, fresh home baked goodies... And it's hard to break the habit of turning to these things when I get a little stressed or unsettled.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? To appease my mother (yes at 34 I still fall into that trap!) I take a multivitamin in the morning with 2 Echinachea, Garlic & Vitamin C tablets; and a night multivitamin (Rest & Restore - Natures Way) with 2 zinc and magnesium tablets before bed..
11. How often do you eat out? For the past 7 weeks my version of eating out has been my weekly skinny flat white with the girls after the gym on Saturday mornings!!! But prior to 12wbt I would guess I'd eat some form of takeaway (even if just a focaccia or the like) 4 times a week for lunch, and maybe once a week/fortnight for dinner.
12. Do you eat fast food? See Q11.
13. Who is your biggest supporter? In reality I've found a great support in the forums and blogs!
However, in terms of people I see and talk to... I have 1 very close friend who is also trying to change her lifestyle and health for the better so we check up on each other a little. There's 1 friend at work who knows I'm doing 12wbt who keeps encouraging me and saying she can tell the difference. My group of friends from the gym are a great support - just simply from the fact that I get to the gym primarily so I can catch up, but then we do a workout too! And my mum thinks me doing something positive for my health is the best thing ever, she's so keen for me that she's asked for a shopping list so when I go up to visit next week she can have 12wbt friendly food so as not to derail my progress!!!
14. Do you have a gym membership? Absolutely! I'd be lost without it, and without my gym friends!
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? This week hasn't been the greatest, but usually anywher from 7.5 to 8.5
16. Do you have a “cheat” day? No. If I'm going out on a Saturday night I would allow for that by avoiding snacks etc, but I just want to lose this weight so try not to cheat/treat unless I have to.
17. Do you drink alcohol? Yes, but at present am avoiding it. I'd rather eat my calories than drink them. However I didn't find it hard to give up the wine as I didn't often drink during the week anyway.
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
I have friends at the gym and we all do the same classes together, but if I'm doing a cardio or weights program then I'm on my own. It's a good mix I think.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle? I feel so positive about myself because I am achieving something I want and need. My mindset is being changed and I love it.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did? 300 tricep dips for this weeks challenge! Brings total so far to 1400!!
So feel free to copy the survey and post your own answers!