Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Excuses Excuses Excuses...

Welcome to my first official blog post! It's a bit of a new experience, and hopefully a helpful one! I thought starting a blog would be a really helpful thing, since I know how helpful a journal can be when losing weight, and so that's really what this blog is for me - a journal. But if you're reading along, then I hope it's helpful for you too! Feel free to leave a comment if something really strikes home with you too.
It's pre-season time for Round 2 2013 of 12wbt, and this time I'm committed for the long haul! So, having just completed my first pre-season task I've realised just how many excuses I make for not losing weight! There's heaps - and they're pretty pathetic too! But one thing I noticed was that almost all of my internal excuses related to what I eat - eg eating too much junk food and not wanting to exercise, or not being able to find a healthy food options etc. But then almost all of my external excuses (within my control) related to work and busy-ness. It was good to see them all there on paper and realise what the real issues were and think about ways to combat them.
So here's my excuses - out there for all the world to read...
 
Internal Excuses:
  • I've eaten 1 bad thing today, I might as well write the day off completely.
  • I didn't get to the gym before work, so the day started badly, why not go further and binge on junk food too.
  • I've eaten too much today, I'll just feel sick if I go to the gym.
  • It's hard to find healthy food options when I'm away from home.
  • I'm tired and need to preserve my energy for work today / tomorrow.
External Excuses (within my control):
  • Work is super busy and I can't get to the gym when I want.
  • I can't do morning classes at the gym cos they finish too late for me to get to work on time.
  • I had to work late and missed my favourite afternoon gym class.
  • Can't find a convenient time to going for a jog with a friend.
  • I had no food for lunch so I had to buy something.
And the last thing that came to mind was the issue of complacency. I think that's the real reason why I've always put weight back on whenever I've lost it. I get to a point, and then go back to 'enjoying life'. Which is really code for eating whatever I want, in whatever amounts I like, and not being as active as I once was. And so I wonder is complacency also an excuse???

1 comment:

  1. They are great answers, I need to think of more like this!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete